Thursday, October 25, 2012

Time for Soup

  Love this time of year!   Okay, I confess the warm weather here in Iowa this fall has been spectacular but I am ready for cooler weather because along with cooler weather comes CROCKPOTS.   Love crockpots because you get to mix a hodge podge of ingredients early in the morning and let the awesome smells and flavors simmer all day long.   One of my favorite recipes is this one for white chicken chili.  Okay, it may not be the most healthy but you can substitute Greek yogurt for the sour cream and use carrots instead of the corn!  I'm all about substitutes.
http://eatingwelllivingthin.wordpress.com/2009/08/04/bowl-o-white/
   And speaking of simmering.....I was told along time ago that our relationship with God was sort of like a crockpot.   You can try microwaving your relationship and your time with God but it's nothing like what happens when you put something in a crockpot and slowcook it.   I gave my life to Christ when I was 19 years old and it's been a long, beautiful journey.  I've been simmering for a long time--and God willing, have lots of years left to "stew".   God's not done with me yet!   Need to run - time with God started at 5 a.m. this morning and now my crockpot is calling me to make soup for this cold rainy Iowa day.   Maybe I'll try this recipe today.    Looks yummy!  http://www.laaloosh.com/2009/02/18/weight-watchers-bacon-and-potato-chowder-crock-pot-recipe/

No comments: